Find More Posts by Tres Wright
Live to ride... and fly!
Forney, TX
Joined Mar 2002
15,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 View Post
So I just tried my new hyperion 550's, they seem to have a lot more power

has anyone else noticed that if you quickly punch the throttle, the esc shuts down?
I've got over 40 flights on mine and probably 30 or so of those on the Hyperion 550's (two of them). I've never had this issue, I can punch to full throttle early in the charge. It won't shut off, but it does get wonky at full throttle. I (and others) have mentioned this before- it flies like the gyro is getting overwhelmed if you try to go full throttle with the Hyperions. Some have even adjusted their throttle EPA to 90% as a workaround. Anyway, back to the shutdown- as others have mentioned this is a common problem on the Geebee, but even though it's common, it doesn't effect ALL of them. I've been keeping up with the thread and my impression is it's about 60/40 of those with and without the premature shutdown (on the Geebee). The temporary fix that HH offered is to let it run at full throttle on the ground and if it shuts down restart it, keep repeating that until it keeps running and then it's good to go. My suggestion on your mQX would be to avoid full throttle, because even if it doesn't shut down you'll find it doesn't fly well at full throttle anyway.
Tres Wright is offline Find More Posts by Tres Wright