Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiduce View Post
Hello,
I'm quite disappointed. Got a #11 from power-gps (ebay member) last christmas, and most of the video/pictures are like watched from a wolf's eyes.
There is no way to take something acceptable with my device.
Tryed 4 firmwares (with or without time stamp), and nothing changed.

The webcam mode is not working much better : I found no way to lower the resolution or to set anything up.
Windows live messenger manages to do something with it (when I start a web chat, I works), but the audio/video setup is not functioning (it shows the video in 720p, that is too much : USB cannot handle it. And I get grayed control window when I click [webcam settings...]).
Is there is no setup of the webcam mode ?
I'm using xp sp3.
Maybe you can post a short link to your video clip so we know what it's like to "watch from a wolf's eyes!

The webcam resolution can be changed, but you do that from within the webcam program you are using, not directly with the camera. I don't know how WLM handles that on an XP machine. Normally the webcam capture program will have a "settings" or "options" menu for the selected webcam device to change the resolution via the camera "Video PIN" settings. I have slow/locked up video in 720p mode with this camera even on a fairly fast current technology PC, but switching to 640x480 remedies that. The #16 performs much better, even in 720p webcam mode on my PC.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank