Thread: Build Log Cunny Canard
View Single Post
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:57 AM
Guizzo 17 is offline
Find More Posts by Guizzo 17
Registered User
Guizzo 17's Avatar
Joined Sep 2007
564 Posts
Thanks Sundancer! It's like running down the hill! I haven't had problems until now!
Not the first time Iím covering models with Mylar tough, but I used to glue it with diluted contact cement. I did what you suggested and I found that sticking Mylar to balsa with water based heath sensitive glue is definitely easier, less messy and less stinky! I actually use fabric glue which is easily available at the local haberdasherís and -in my opinion- is Balsalock glue with different name and dispenser!
As soon as I have the tissue, I'm going to apply Esaky using Acrylic dope; it's too cold to stay outdoor now and I don't like breathing nitrate dope solvents!
I wander if you ever tried Acrylic dope.
I'm working on the canopy now, which is also the battery cover hatch. I don't trust on the plastic-wood glue joints and I prefer to saw the canopy to the former with polyester thread and than soak the thread and plywood with diluted white glue.
Guizzo 17 is offline Find More Posts by Guizzo 17
Reply With Quote