Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Exaggerating things just a bit, I see.

Flying a 2s UMX plane surely does not require a large bank account. The difference in price between the Spit & the AS3X-equipped, 2s brushless Gee Bee or UMX Mig 15 EDF is $70. That's like what - just over a tank of gas for the car? An evening out with the better-half? Surely, those are not things that require a large bank account.

I simply stated my opinions as others have done. I am not fond of using cheaply-made, intermittent-duty pager motors with inconsistent output as powerplants. And, I prefer warbirds that fly like warbirds - not like sport-planes. One of the main reasons I fly warbirds is to sharpen my flying skills. I find no challenge in flying a warbird that behaves like an aileron trainer or sport-plane. Also, when I'm flying a fighter, I want to be able to fly it like a fighter. Which means having the power & speed of a fighter (in scale terms, of course). I'm more of a function over form guy with most things in life. First, get the function part right - then work on the look. To me, having the look without the function is pointless.

Joel
Another thing to consider if that is your desire is that you might not be the primary target audience for the plane. You might be happier with the larger 3s size warbirds. my feeling is that these are set up for the intermediate pilots stepping up from Champs and Embers to something a bit better and faster. Not every plane is for every pilot and so there are plenty of different types, UM versus UMX. YMMV
coreman is offline Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member