View Single Post
Old Feb 08, 2012, 06:21 PM
Find More Posts by leadfeather
Winging it >
Joined May 2006
10,250 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truglodite View Post
Quick correction, that wind was indeed 24awg. W5BSA, usually when you don't hear back it means things went good... how did it run?

Speaking of 12turn motors, my T2730-14p-6x2t-24awg-Y gem is back in action again. Here's the motor powering my own pylon 300 design during maiden:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ry7MmbAvCU

111mph?! The maiden video contained several upwind passes that doppler between 109-111mph; factor in wind that day and it travels 120mph. This should make it clear that pitch speed on the bench is not a speed limit. Based on a hunch that this thing is slippery enough, I chopped down few 6x5.5e props to around 4". FYI, a 6x5.5 cut to 4.0" EXACTLY matches the 4.75e in both static amps and thrust (verified by my thrust stand). I'm hoping the extra 15mph pitch speed with the 4x5.5 equates to roughly that much more airspeed this Sunday. If not, there's always a 10T-23awg-D.

Cheers,
Kev
That's really fast!

I'm looking at doing some speed winds for this spring. What is the current best recommendation that isn't too difficult to wind. Also how many amp esc, what battery and prop?
leadfeather is online now Find More Posts by leadfeather