Find More Posts by Foambird
St. Louis
USA, MO, Ballwin
Joined Mar 2010
634 Posts
Orange Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasstodart View Post
i spent alot of time today researching after my post and i also talked with a guy at my local hobby shop who has years of electric flying experience. he seems to think its 100% the orange rx that failed. not the esc.. he says the eflight escs with the built in becs are top notch and would not have failed. He says he has so many people come in his hobby shop with sad horror stories from the orange rxs that dont have the satellite. He also scoled me.. for not buying a proper spektrum reciever.. it really is my fault.. when i bought the plane i couldnt afford a reciever or even a charger.. i went with the cheap $7 orange rx and i guess i kind of paid the price.. the unfortunate thing is that i think all the electronics are probably done from the plane falling into the ocean.. i washed everthing with fresh water and i have it all in a big bag of rice.. read about that today as well.. we shall see...

sure sucks though.. really does.. one thing to lose a plane from disorientation...
another to have 0 control and be totally helpless...

jonas
Assuming you "range tested" the orange receiver before you flew so you already have your answer. I am flying two orange Rx with no problems even at extreme range. Many others at our field fly the same with no problems.

You could have a faulty one but...have you checked everything else first?

Walk your field and range test in a realistic situation. And as suggested in the earlier post, sounds like you were too far away to accurately maintain visual control...so why do the electronics become suspect?
Foambird is offline Find More Posts by Foambird