Old Feb 06, 2012, 08:59 PM
Find More Posts by Rich in ILM
Retired in NC
USA, NC, Wilmington
Joined Sep 2010
2,186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasstodart View Post
i spent alot of time today researching after my post and i also talked with a guy at my local hobby shop who has years of electric flying experience. he seems to think its 100% the orange rx that failed. not the esc.. he says the eflight escs with the built in becs are top notch and would not have failed. He says he has so many people come in his hobby shop with sad horror stories from the orange rxs that dont have the satellite. He also scoled me.. for not buying a proper spektrum reciever.. it really is my fault.. when i bought the plane i couldnt afford a reciever or even a charger.. i went with the cheap $7 orange rx and i guess i kind of paid the price.. the unfortunate thing is that i think all the electronics are probably done from the plane falling into the ocean.. i washed everthing with fresh water and i have it all in a big bag of rice.. read about that today as well.. we shall see...

sure sucks though.. really does.. one thing to lose a plane from disorientation...
another to have 0 control and be totally helpless...

jonas
I have been flying nothing but orange receivers for a year, almost every day. We, also, have them spread all over the club of 40 members. My experience is they have been very reliable. I would look elsewhere for your problem.
Rich in ILM is online now Find More Posts by Rich in ILM