View Single Post
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:42 PM
Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Morgan View Post
Boy, That's a Shame! I know a lot of people are going to be let down, but they have been talking about this for what 3 years. I had a feeling. Whoever does come out with a SCALE PA-18 that is as good as the original, would hit a major home run. I wouldn't take 3 g's for my DP S Cub. I keep thinking that HH will produce a 1/4, but it will have to fly a whole lot better than the .25 size they just produced. It's a beautiful model, and a great sport flier, but it flies nothing like a PA-18 or J-3 does. I do have the HH 1/4 J-3, and it is as nice as it gets for flying quality. , so I know they can do it.
I have a DP 1/4 scale Clipped Wing Super Cub and the Hangar 9 1/4 scale full wing J3 Cub.

The DP Cub is more aerobatic, but overall, the H9 Cub is a better product, especially for electric power.

Fuselage doors open for batteries, model assembles at the field without any tools, and the model comes with complete interior kit and full-body pilot.

I would have liked to own a full wingspan DP Super Cub because of the flaps, and I've participated in this thread, but after nearly 4 years of waiting, it doesn't seem to matter anymore.
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto