Old Feb 05, 2012, 09:10 AM
Find More Posts by Daedalus66
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
18,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggcrandall1 View Post
Getting ready to start my Polaris build. I have a couple of shop projects to wrap up and then I get serious about the Polaris.

I asked this earlier but it seems to fallen through a crack somewhere. So again, can someone post some pictures of key chain cam mounted on your Polaris? Also how about camera mounted on a hat?

Thanks, Glen
I've tried various locations, but the best setup has been a small pylon to raise the camera above the fuselage. It can bee seen in this video involving the XL.
Polaris XL Returns to the Air (1 min 53 sec)

Note that I had two cameras on board, facing both forward and back. To see the results, take a look at this earlier video.
Polaris XL: Final Flight? (2 min 6 sec)

The camera is attached with velcro and a strap of Blenderm tape over the top. The latter not only stabilizes the camera (velcro alone is not enough) but acts as a safeguard against the card popping out in flight (as has happened to some people).

Note that you should not mount the camera anywhere near the motor and it will pick up vibration. Cover the microphone hole with tape to cut down wind noise (it will still get the motor sound).

Enjoy the Polaris build!
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66