Thread: Build Log Polaris Seaplane Parkflyer
View Single Post
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:42 AM
Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Thanks for the vid compliments. Very happy with the performance of the #16 with the latest firmware.

Glen, about the motion. I was promoting, as you could hear. Normally I would not post all of the vide like that. The issue was to post the native file to vimeo with no processing. I always take the lazy way out ant use simple windowzzzz live movie maker for editing. And it would of course re-format it even if I just cut a few minutes out. The guys at the #16 cam thread want to see a untouched file to judge performance.

Promotion: There was a dog walker/neighbor that had walked over, attracted obvioulsy by the plane. So my mind was more on being polite and informitive to him than keeping smooth motion on the cam at that point. PLUS, i had tried some old sunglasses over my new presc. glasses, and that why I aborted that first takeoff, because they were ppinched and awkward between hat bill and I was concerned that it would be an issue with both vision and cam angle. !

Sorry so much detail but that explains the long vid, and the un-finished product.

Very important to keep the wide angle off of the cams when hat caming. UNLESS all the subject is like 5 to 10 feet away. I was flying at the school. So that helps in limiting the distant shots that end up as an annoying speck in the sky. So the message is, hat camming the action has to be close.! PLUS, being at the non-official field alone and safe, it allows me some close encounter passes, and buzzing around on the ground in all directions to show of the "snowmobile" mode fun!

Cheers and happy flying.!

Wormboy, great description, glad it went welll recruit some help for vid. We would love to see you in action.!

Pat
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20