Thread: Build Log Polaris Seaplane Parkflyer
View Single Post
Old Feb 05, 2012, 08:24 AM
Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
S.E.Michigan
Joined Jul 2010
2,240 Posts
Glen here ya go.

Now, sometimes I go with some tape over the top for a little extra insurance. But I would use vinyl so less vibration is tranfered.

I would also recommend a small piece of scotch gift over the sd card slot to prevent lossing it... ask me how I know.! Simply 1.5 inch pieces of self stick velcro. Good quality. I use the soft on the camera, and the loops on the hard mounts.

The wire on the hat is .035 mig welding wire. The top part is just bent in a flat kind of coil, spread out so that tape holds it to the bill of the hat. The just trial fit and bend and snip when it makes a ssoft focused line fram on the left and the right of your subject. The length it is cut off is also specific, where the wire ends, is the center of the top bottom aspect. Yes there is only 1 wire, thats all that is necessary because it is fixed so close to your eyes, when you are focused distant on your plane, it becomes 2 unobtrusive lines.! Works really well. I just watch carefully when I reapply the cam. The wire points straight ahead and the "m" on the hat is what I use for a longitudinal alignment.

Pat
wheelspinner20 is offline Find More Posts by wheelspinner20
Last edited by wheelspinner20; Feb 05, 2012 at 08:31 AM.