Old Feb 04, 2012, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by jesolins
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
15,134 Posts
FF arming 101

FP,
What version of FF firmware are you using? Are the sliders moving in the same directions as the Tx sticks in ZN v1.07? If they do not then reverse your channels so they do.

For FF V1.22 and previous firmwares for arming/disarming you have to first move the throttle and pitch sticks full up and either both together to the inside or outside and get a green LED blink, then both sticks together full down and either to the inside or outside and the green LED will blink again. For V1.24 arming/disarming you do not have to put the throttle full up first, only both sticks together full down and and either to the inside or outside and the green LED will blink. Arming gives a short beep, disarm a longer beep.

Note:
If you have opened the com port with the ZN setup utility the FF might not arm until you disconnect the USB from the FF and repower the FF.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
I am trying to get the motors to work with the TX.

I got the motors to work with Upper Machine program version 1.0.7 but have not used the PID utilities. I guess that can wait until I get the motors going.

On power-up the blue is on and the red flashes 3 times.
I switch the TX switch and the throttle to full then switch on the green light from the TX.

I move the joysticks around and with throttle up turn off the calibration green led.

After turning on the receiver again then putting on full throttle and moving the rudder to the right or no matter what I do I can not get it to arm. No LEDs blink.

Anyone got an answer on how to arm it?

Thanks
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Last edited by jesolins; Feb 05, 2012 at 08:36 PM.