View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
15,973 Posts
I really like the H9 warbirds, and the quality of the wood, kits, finish, etc, really is top of the line.

Devils advocate:
However, the one thing that always bugged me with the H9 warbirds was the glossy covering. To me, I just dont think it looks right, especially when people try to weather it.

If I had not gotten the Top Flite giant, I would be assembling an ESM or a TroyBuiltModels. If you have not yet looked at them, take a peak. They also offer most of their planes in several different schemes and a "Frank Tiano" version- the Frank Tiano versions are more for the person that wants to really be unique with the trim, make their own markings, mods, etc. While the other versions are more like your traditional ARF.

For me, I think they have just an unbeatable line of 30cc planes at very fair prices. All can be converted to electric, but likely it may not be as easy as with H9.

If you are going for an electric H9, just be sure you get one that was designed with electric also in mind... It was a PIA to have to install hatches and access and trays into the .60 hellcat. Notice how they list "hatches" as a feature on the new 50 size P-40, this was designed with electric in mind
http://hangar-9.com/Products/Default...ProdID=HAN2595
HaventFlownSince2014 is offline Find More Posts by HaventFlownSince2014
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Special Moment for Veterans.