Thread: New Product E-Flite UMX Carbon Cub SS
View Single Post
Old Feb 01, 2012, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
Joined Jan 2007
820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboRacer View Post
Yah, I meant proportional.. Or incremental as in a few positions.. 10, 15, 30 etc.

Instead of on/off. On my TX i have a couple switches with three positions. It'd be nice to have the top position no flaps, the middle 10, and the bottom 30 or whatever it is.. Or even would be nice to assign to a dial on TX so I can twist the knob for proportional lowering of the flaps..

As far as the boat - I forgot I have an air hogs storm launcher that would probably be up to the task of retrieval. Fishing pole can be "plan B"

And yeah... Very hard decision between this, the Mig 15, and the GeeBee. Damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSchug View Post
I'd like propo flaps. Flipping a switch for flaps doesn't cut it for me. I was taught to handle gusty conditions by playing the flaps all the way to the ground then releasing them as the wheels touched. Can't even approximate that with a switch.

Yeah, most full scale planes have three notches of flap, but that would require a four position switch.

That's why I have a DSM module for my Futaba gear!

I admit it, I couldn't do the play the flap trick RC. I learned it in an extra span 150 horse Citabria that was used for aerotow at Wurtsboro a zillion years ago.

Pete
The flaps are driven by a standard linear servo, so yes, they can be proportional. However, it is setup to work off of the gear channel (switch) out of the box so that customers with a DX4e and DX5e can fly this model as well.

If you have a programmable radio, you could switch it to multiple positions by mixing, or do whatever you would like with it, as it is just another servo.

Seth Arnold
Horizon Hobby
3D-Seth is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Seth
RCG Plus Member