Thread: Build Log MIG 31 FIREFOX scratchbuild
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2012, 07:24 PM
Find More Posts by wind1234
United States, OH, Fairborn
Joined Jan 2012
126 Posts
took a few picks of making my wingtip holders ....these are going to be bent down 20 degrese...im not sure what kinda wood this is its harder than balsa...poplar or basewood mabe? just some old scraps from planes past...im using elmers yellow wood glue and its taking forever to dry,the good part is alot of it soaks in the wood real nice and makes it alot harder..i made my wood braces extra big to make sure i stayed on my angle..these will be trimed down when dry ...i plan on using another peice of wood and will screw the 2 together to hold the wingtip on...probly do the same for the rear vertical stabs they will be at 70 degrese..well plus or minus 5 degrese lol long as its got enough surface area to keep it from rollin : ) still up in the air about the wingtips as far as what im making them out of...strait balsa im afraid will be to fragile and any field rash will meen certain doom i was going to use depron but i think they will be to bendy/floppy in turns and wind gusts these are 25 % of the wing area so they might get a load on them from time to time...might have to try foam with real light fiberglass just because i love that stuff all over my fingers and everywhere lol
wind1234 is offline Find More Posts by wind1234