Find More Posts by rcpilot23
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2007
1,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akent View Post
I maidened mine yesterday.
All stock.
First flight was great! I took it easy and got her trimmed nicely.

Flight number two saw it start to lift off and then it nosed in hard. The right elevon hinge let loose!!! What's that about?!?
It tore up the nose, the front retract, and the canopy, besides the right wing hinge.

I posted this on the Horizon website's field service area with pictures. No response, yet.

The hinge is rather flimsy, held on the ends by small pieces of plastic glued in the foam. The plastic pieces in between don't go all the way around the hinge rod.

You all should check your elevon hinges on the ends to make sure they aren't pulling out of the foam!

It will be interesting if Horizon takes care of any of this. I have never asked for warranty anything before. In my mind, there is no excuse for the hinge letting loose like that, though.

I never even got a chance to try a boomerang!
Kent
So does the rod have to fall out of the end of wing?

So what do you think should I put some fibreglass tape over the ends or a little hot glue?

Hopefully got my maiden flight tomorrow afternoon or the next day. Very few decent flying days here in Perth atm. Had a total Fire Ban today which means no model flying at my local field.
rcpilot23 is offline Find More Posts by rcpilot23