Thread: Build Log MIG 31 FIREFOX scratchbuild
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,389 Posts
if you want a good 5S combo, I would recommend the E-Flite 70mm fan/motor with an 80Amp ESC. you just can't beat it IMHO. I use this exact combo in my RBC Skyhawk and it's absolutely ballistic in performance. of course, if you can find the SAPAC MB1 combo, that's a good one too, but the E-Flite's are a dime a dozen and can be purchased relatively cheaply. you can run the cheaper stuff if you like, but the bottom line is that on 5S, these E-Flite fans will run all day long, give great power and just won't quit. for the money, you can't beat them. for the ESC, I almost exclusively use the Turnigy Plush series of ESC's. again, for the money, you just can't beat them. I've never had a problem with a Plush ESC and those that have are few and far between. try asking that question to CC owners. LOL.

as for servos, the ones linked above at HK are great. if you want to go a little cheaper, the HXT900's from HK are awesome servos. you may get the odd one or two that aren't quite up to snuff, but for the most part, they are a great bang for the buck. they work well and most importantly, they center as they are supposed to. shop well at HK and you'll find some really nice servos for the money.

Rich
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7