View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
Find More Posts by alstrahm
AMA 3959
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Oct 2002
1,480 Posts
While you guys know, I am a huge supporter of the ALES format, I voted "not sure" That was a test run with a small group, to see if we could even do it! We had no idea how we were going to do it, so, Bob, Don, and myself, just made it up as we went along. I thought it went off great, fairly seamless to the TD guys, we had a great turn out for a monthly contest Saw some new faces I believe everybody likes the ALES mass launches. But, on the other hand a lot of new questions came up as well. the first being, how do we deal with pilots that want to fly in both open and ALES? I know a number of the open expert guys have ALES planes. And, yes I would like to get more tapes out there to make the ALES part larger. Don and I have 10 tapes for the club to use, or any one else that wants to put on a contest. Aric Wilmunder has provided us with the scoring program, that is very easy to use, not sure why Bob is not using it in the open expert MoM? So to sum it up, I am very receptive to any and all suggestions on how to make it better, and make it more fun, and flow seamlessly. And I really want to thank all you SBSS members that decided to let us try this! ALES is in it's infancy right now, and as far as I know, our test on Sunday was the first of it's kind, any where! A Good friend of mine told me "you need to take baby steps, before you can run"

Al
alstrahm is offline Find More Posts by alstrahm