View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2012, 04:56 PM
Find More Posts by msdumo
Canada, ON, Calabogie
Joined May 2011
261 Posts
2S Brushless conversion for my T28

My T28 had major damage to the lower fuselage from a hard nose crash. I thought it was a good time to deal with the fuselage and I decided to make my T28 into a 2S brushless extreme flying machine.

I made a nose from solid foam and cut the damaged fuselage nose just behind where the front landing gear goes.

I did my homework (thanks Joel and Reme) on this thread and I bought a Hobbyking AP05 motor, a Turnigy Plush 6A ESC, a GSW 5030 prop and some Zippy 2S 15C 180 mah lipos.

I used a CD and cut out a piece to make a motor mount. Mounted everything and had to move the battery back to get the CG right. I wished I had put the ESC behind the wing.

I cut the JST charge connector off on the battery to reduce weight and used the JST-XH balance connector as a charge/balance connector similar to the UMX batteries that go in the Beast. I made up a charge and balance cable for my Accucel AC6 to charge these batteries.

I got a Beast 3D for Xmas and will change the JST-XH connectors on my T28 to use the Hyperion batteries that I have for the Beast when I can find some JST-PH female connectors. The 180 Zippys are only 15C and were bought just as an experiment.

Sorry guys but no videos when I flew my T28.

All I can say is WOW WOW......WOW!
This thing really flies. Unlimited vertical and at 1/3 throttle is faster than the brushed motor a WOT. I got 6 minutes at mostly 1/2 throttle in -7C degree (I'm Canadian) weather. It will only get better with 240 mah 2S Hyperions. Lighter and more juice.

I had a great time with this project.This is going to be one fun bird.
msdumo is offline Find More Posts by msdumo
Last edited by msdumo; Jan 30, 2012 at 09:16 PM.