Thread: Discussion RVOSD - V5 - reports
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2012, 09:26 PM
Find More Posts by jeff2215
United States, MI
Joined Dec 2002
1,147 Posts
Can someone please answer this:

Trying to hook up RSSI from DragonLink to RVOSD. The manual states: "If the Rx input type menu item is selected to Combined PPM there is additional options for the RSSI input.
When the RSSI input is selected to PPM1 or PPM1 and PPM2, you have to connect RSSI from receiver 1 to the aileron input
*Packet1: The aileron input can be connected to a specially modified Fr-sky V8R7SP to measure packets received/second.
*PWM1: The aileron input can be connected to a receiver capable of output the RSSI signal encoded on standard servo pulse. Example EZUHF.
*Packet1 and Packet2: Rudder input can be connected to RSSI output from a second modified FR-sky receiver, the OSD will display both RSSI values if the Configure/display menu item is selected to PPM2.
*PWM1 and PWM2: Rudder input can be connected to RSSI output encoded on a servo pulse from a second receiver, the OSD will display both RSSI values if the Configure/display menu item is selected to PPM2."

So if I follow the instructions and hook a servo wire from the dragonlink RSSI out to the RVOSD Aileron Input (with red power wire taken out), choose PPM1 input in the menu under RSSI, I should be able to get an RSSI signal on the display but I don't. I am using PPM Combined as described above. So is the manual wrong? If so, how are you suppose to hook up RSSI?
jeff2215 is offline Find More Posts by jeff2215