Old Jan 28, 2012, 07:57 PM
Find More Posts by modisc
Inspiration
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Aug 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
Hi all, I'm about to rewind a 4035 scorpion motor, maybee some other if things goes well.

I need to find a good way to insulate the stator but after several hours reading and googleing I don't find much info about that.

The easiest thing to buy for me will be kapton, is this good..? Some suggestion will be appreciated.

Next thing I need is good epoxy to put on the wiring once it's done, but cannot seems to find where to buy it, or what exactly to buy.

I emailed scorpion to buy their stuff, but got an automated email saying '' due to chinese new years, we are close...... blablabla.....''
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1562825

I have used 0.125mm kapton for insulation between wires and stator, after sandering the sharp edges of the stator a bit. It works well. 0.1mm kapton also recommamded by Powercroco's website. I have tried 0.15mm kapton on one of my scorpion 40XX, it also works pretty well in terms of insulation, but it is comparatively harder to bend than the 0.125mm kapton.

Kapton I use is rated 180 degree C. It is a good and eazy way of achieving the insulation during rewinding, in my opinion.
modisc is offline Find More Posts by modisc