View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2004, 07:27 PM
Find More Posts by Miami Mike
Pompano Hill Flyers
Miami Lakes, Florida, USA
Joined Mar 2003
8,494 Posts
All of us Pompano Hill Flyers enjoyed Tic's visit very much, and I was especially proud to have my Bandit eggbeaters critiqued by none other than the inventor himself! We took some pictures of the group but I'm still waiting for copies. I'll post them here when I get them. I hope Tic can bring a plane or two (and maybe even Soholingo) along on his next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalbert02
May you please share the name of the first park you went to?
I started the Vista View Slope Soaring Society project, and we have well over 50 members now. On April 10, Tic attended the first of two trial flights granted to us by Broward County park management, and we have a second one scheduled for April 24, from 7:00 to 10:00 AM.

This coming Saturday, April 17, will be the second trial flight of the Power Para Gators paraglider club, who managed to reopen the possiblity of getting permission to fly for both our groups after Broward County turned us down last November.

Vista View Park is located on a closed landfill about four miles south of Markham Park near the Griffin Road exit of I-75. There's a map at the bottom of our home page at http://www.vvsss.com. Anyone who's interested can contact me by private message or email me at miamimike@vvsss.com.
Miami Mike is offline Find More Posts by Miami Mike