Old Jan 26, 2012, 07:43 PM
Find More Posts by seanpcola
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcoot2 View Post
Thank you all....and yes, I still ride at 78!!!! Ya can't keep this old hoss down
fer long! Restored (cleaned up, and TLC'd) a 1981 Suzuki GS250L that a rancher buddy gave me. 1,561 miles on that little beauty and it purrs now.

Maybe after the wife gets through with her redecorating wishes I can get back to my flyin' and repairing.

G
Gerald, let's be real here a minute. You're 78 and actually hold the fantasy that your wife will EVER get through redecorating? C'mon, man, I've done more house remodeling and rearranging furniture that a weeks worth of HGTV shows and my wife ain't even wound up yet.

I wish you lived close. My dad's 81 and every Saturday morning we eat breakfast at Denny's. At some point in the conversation the subject turns to bikes. Dad had a few down through the years and and I can tell he wants at least one more shot at the highway. I try to encourage him and tell him I'll buy two if he'll ride one but I get the "I'd feel like a fool. Too old to get back on one". Funny thing is there's a "biker gang" that rolls up just about the time we're leaving every week and I guarantee that half are at least in their late 70's. If I could make friends with some of them maybe they could bring him into the circle.
seanpcola is offline Find More Posts by seanpcola