View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2012, 09:49 AM
Find More Posts by grandbourgueul
Joined May 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore View Post
Good question. Here's the trouble with the current APM code. There is no heartbeat that the APM expects to recieve from the GCS. I have made a request but it hasn't been added yet. Right now, when you click "enable" on the joystick tab of my GCS, the APM starts listening to the GCS for joystick input. The APM won't listen to R/C input until the enable button is unchecked.... but if the GCS crashes, that's a problem. I would like for the APM to listen for heartbeats and after it's missed X number of heartbeats, give control back to the APM.

Fly By Wire A is the best mode to test in....or full Auto. I wouldn't test in software manual either (we're still working on changing modes via the GCS)...

The joystick will work in every mode except hardware manual (which would mean it's set by the R/C channel). If you select Manual Mode in the GCS' control tab, then you can fly it 100% manually....but again, I wouldn't try this until you have some comfort in the auto/stabilization type modes.
HK,
Is there any updates on heartbeat on APM code ? or similare solution allowing to manage priority / automatic reswitch from GCS joystick to R/C ?
grandbourgueul is offline Find More Posts by grandbourgueul