Old Jan 25, 2012, 08:46 PM
Find More Posts by avropilot
USA, TN, Murfreesboro
Joined Dec 2009
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff2215 View Post
Wow, this thread has gone cold, lol

Question. Its been brought up before to use a separate bec as an insurance policy. I added one that is hooked directly to my Dragon Link Rx. Only thing going to my DL Rx is a PPM from the OSD and the BEC to power it. All 4 servos, video input/output, throttle out, power in through current sensor are connected to OSD. My question is this, I added the BEC in case I overload the ESC and it shuts down. I still want control. This setup won't allow for that because the servos are only hooked to the OSD. Should I take power from the DL Rx to the OSD as well as the current sensor input? Confused
The power and for the servos on the RVOSD is just a rail that connects all the +'s together. They do not have power unless you hook a + to it. Then it will power the rail and anything else connected to the rail on the servo outputs will get that + power from it. I probably wouldn't hook up two 5v power sources to it at the same time. However if I did I would probably put a diode on both bec's + lines to isolate one from the other. Then you would have the redundancy you are looking for with minimal risk of having one BEC burn the other one up. If I understand your question correctly.
avropilot is offline Find More Posts by avropilot
Last edited by avropilot; Jan 25, 2012 at 08:57 PM.