View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2012, 07:43 PM
Find More Posts by Daryoon
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
7,661 Posts
v911 LiPo

Those of you who wants larger capacity batteries may want to take a look at this graph. I am finding that the 120mAh cells that comes with the v911 has really good run time. So I did some discharge test @1A for you to see.

All the cells have at least 5 cycles through them to ensure they are woken up from storage. Then I discharge each cell a couple of times to ensure the results are consistent between runs. Here are the results.

As you can see, each of the v911 batteries gives the Hyperion 160 a run for the money. You can also see where each of the Turnigy 160mAh lies, as well as the two NanoTech 160mAh I had on hand.

It's interesting to note that despite the v911 being a 120mAh, I am putting back about 140-144mAh. It's besting the Turnigy and NanoTech in voltage and capacity. Flight time wise, I can get almost 6mins, bringing it down to about 3.7v. And I can still hover. While the each of the Turnigy 160 forces me to land at 5mins exactly.

We'll see how long the v911 last. But I am very quite please with the result I am seeing. In fact, for the size and weight...it's technically better than the Hyperion battery.

Another thing that is interesting. Of the two v911 batteries that came in the box, battery 1 was performing more like the Turnigy 160. After the 8th cycle or so, it woke up and started performing like it's brethren.

The take away lesson is this. I rather have lower capacity cells that are of quality and provides good voltage throughout the discharge curve versus high capacity cells that falls short and weighs down my heli.

Your thoughts?
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Last edited by Daryoon; Jan 25, 2012 at 07:50 PM.