View Single Post
Old Jan 22, 2012, 08:27 PM
Ken59 is offline
Find More Posts by Ken59
LearningFast
United States, LA, Denham Springs
Joined Jan 2012
411 Posts
New Swashplate! Was really bored today!

Ok, I was looking over the old design and knew I had to move the pivot points up to equal (or real close) to the pivot ball on the swashplate. So, I cut off the servo end of the broken swash and wasted a new one (oh well, $2.50 toward the project). Here are the results. I am very close to the pivot ball height and it works pretty well. This can be done on either the 9100 or 9104. As you can see, I wanted to sure up the entire structure as I was using epoxy on all the pieces. I got a 1/8 thick plastic washer to center on the bottom, drill out the hole as need so it will not touch the shaft at full pitch either forward or reverse. Then it was just aligning all the pieces and bonding. If I had a little more rise on the old pieces, I could have been on the same plane as the pivot ball. Oh well, I am close as you can see. Also, if it does not work, I can return it to stock. One side is fixed, as you can see, and one is adjustable. Just to make sure the fixed stays put, I bonded that triangle support on the outside. I will eventually get a little black spray paint and take care of it. I picked up a pack of small screws (varying lengths) and matching nuts at the local radio shack. I may try to find some plastic spacers later instead of the stacked nuts. It should work, but I have yet to fly as I am waiting a new tail motor. In testing, it seems to react faster as it is not lifting, just pivoting. I have a vid, but I have not reduced the size enough. Maybe later. Let me know what you think!
Ken59 is offline Find More Posts by Ken59
Reply With Quote