Thread: Discussion RadJet from the KING!
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by ridge_racer
United States, NY, New York
Joined Nov 2010
2,630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkJohn View Post
I managed to get a new motor on today and put an air scoop on the top right above the plush 60A esc. All the foam was cut away around the motor for better airflow and the motor was bolted right onto the stock mount.

I removed some foam inside the fuz to make space for my 4s 1800 nano tech. I have it balanced at the front edge of the launch grips. It's still a bit nose heavy as it needs +- 2mm of up elevator, but I dont want to move it too far back because the death spin problem.

I have reinforced the wings with one strip of packing tape top and bottom.

Let me tell you, this thing is nuts! Its much faster than the skyfun on the same set-up. My guess is that it is around 130mph. The only downside is that it has to land a lot faster too, but that's easy enough to get used too.

This is my set-up:
Motor: Turnigy 2836 2350KV (actually 2800KV)
ESC: Plush 60A
Battery: 4cell 1800mah 65c-130c (This battery is the nuts! stays completely cool!)

On a side note, I managed to rewind the motor I burnt out with field windings from an old beetle generator. I spooled it up this evening and it seems great! I'll test it on a plane to see if it performs better than stock as the single strand windings I used are considerably thicker than the multi-strand windings in the stock motor.

Thank you Sir for this. I trashed my SkyFun with the same 4s setup. This is exactly what I was planning on doing. All the electrics will be transplanted when I buy this next month..thank you..
ridge_racer is offline Find More Posts by ridge_racer