Thread: Discussion The Next One
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:13 AM
Find More Posts by dag214
Rock On- Damon Atwood
Fishers, Indiana
Joined Oct 2004
6,213 Posts
As I am sure you all know when I travel, or it is late at night when I can't make noise in the shop is when I get my design time and my creative juices flowing.

I have to define my next project in many ways. I have to take into account the easy balanced with the hard, while the spinner, and main gear on the Mosquito are huge thing to over come, the DF and main gear on the A7 are equally as huge, as is the main gear and the reversible props on the C130.

I know I will build all 3 of these planes as well as the C1 Trader over the next 5-6 years. But I will not build anything with more than 2 nacelles for a very long time, unless it is a B-58. The 6 flaps, 6 nacelles, the main gear, the sheer complexity of the 36 has taken its toll, but the dang thing is so close to done that it is now seeming like just yesterday I started it. I will also never spend the money on a project like I have the B36, just unreal the money pit it has became.....

If I was a betting man the next project is between the Mosquito and the A7. The C-130 the more I design it just screams R&D on those dang reversible props.... and that my friends is $$$$$$$$$

Thanks, DAG
dag214 is offline Find More Posts by dag214