Find More Posts by thwaitm
Team WarpSquad
United Kingdom, England, Royal Leamington Spa
Joined Jun 2011
3,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyHelifly11 View Post
Josh,

Congrats on your new heli! It appears that you are getting a good start on troubleshooting & fixing problems. Just a quick tip, GET RID OF THE 2612V!!! That receiver has a high failure rate, and causes a lot of crashes! Replace it with a 2618V as soon as you can, you won't regret it! The 2618V is a more stable RX, and allows the 3G system to work at 0 throttle, whereas the 2612V activates around 40% throttle and will allow your heli to tip over during spool-up, or dart to the ground after lift-off. Be careful, and good luck!

AB
By the accounts I've read, the RX2624V-D is better than even the RX2618V but I'm not sure that there is a V (no D) version of it yet which you'll need for a 2603 TX.
(Ah - seems there is: http://www.wowhobbies.com/hm-airwolf...eceiver-1.aspx )

Certainly my RX2618V-D in my V200D03 appears to have a glitch whereby it doesn't react, doesn't react, over reacts... especially for ELEV. but it only happens intermittently and you're never quite sure when it will happen. It's almost like it forgets about D/R for a moment. I wondered if it was possibly a static issue. I need to check more.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm