View Single Post
Old Jan 16, 2012, 06:33 PM
Find More Posts by bizzy511
United States, CA, Fountain Valley
Joined Jan 2011
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winginman View Post
bizzy I am running the GCP in 6 axis mode. You can change to 3 axis mode for stunts by flipping the mode switch on the receiver. (SW#2)

I got an extra canopy with mine from WOW that is supposedly unbreakable. Looks like Walkera has an alternate sturdier canopy available. I don't know about the unbreakable part. The unbreakable canopy that came with my V120D02S split down one side in a head on crash with the garage floor. Same crash also broke the front off the landing skids.

Back to the GCP, got another 8 flights this morning all inside the house. Bounced off the wall a couple of times trying some things. This thing is pretty tuff and I am still amazed at how quiet and smooth it is.

I have a number of Walkera helis and all are running the same original bearings. I lube them and the gears with some purple looking oil the my son bought at a slot car track for the bearings and gears in his hi performance slot cars. Check out your LHS and see what they use for these slot racers it seems to work. I do use it sparingly but on some of the older helis I can tell by the sound when they need a little lube.
awesome. thanks man. i can get the heli now with a dev7, but im still saving up to get the dev6.
bizzy511 is offline Find More Posts by bizzy511