View Single Post
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:10 AM
Find More Posts by Toltec21
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyBoater View Post
Toltec21, right out of the box, I think I have a bad motor also. My top front rotor does not always start immediately when I push the throttle stick forward. That results in some crazy blade strikes. Then there is sudden takeoff without any input. Mine is grounded until I can take it outside. It'll probably take off on it's own and crash into a neighbor's house or get stuck in a tree
I hear you brother! That is EXACTLY what happened (and continues) here. It was the top rotor and inside the fuselage it was the right side of the rear motor set motor that malfunctioned within a few flights. Same thing the stalled rotor, the blade strikes. And PLENTY of spontaneous lift offs bound for the sun or something.

In fact, as I reported, I got the motor swapped out and it's performed brilliantly all morning, apart from when we took it outside (there was no wind) my son lifted off, and it just zoomed skyward and disappeared over the neighbor's fence.

We reached "Big Chinook Down", and it looks okay (she's a tough old bird) but she's still prone to "going rogue".

Question S026 Owners: have these two behaviors also affected the smaller Chinook??

Toltec21
Toltec21 is offline Find More Posts by Toltec21