Old Jan 14, 2012, 02:03 PM
Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs670 View Post
I just finished building one of these and have the same concern about all the heavy power equipment required. I installed the recommended 55 motor along with 6s lipo. I haven't flown it yet but it does seem a little heavy. Especially sitting beside my Precision Aerobatics Addiction 3D with a 40 size motor and 3s 2200mAh lipo. Both planes appear to be near the same size (except for weight). The Addiction flies great but I'm nervous about flying the Razor. I'm afraid when it's time to land, it will come in like a rocket! Any comments?
While the size comparison might be fair between your PA Addiction 3D and the Razor the rest of the similiarities between the two are quite different. PA airplanes have always and will always be built extremely light.....why? They are built for electric power only for one reason. The Razor on the other hand is built for both electric and glow power plants. Imagine trying to put a glow motor on your same sized PA Addiction 3D. The Addiction probably wouldn't even make it through one flight before the motor vibrated off the motor box.

So not quite an apple to apple comparison there.

As far as landings go the Razor actually will slow down quite nicely. The key to the landings are to establish a nice shallow decent rate while maintaining a small amount of power right up to the flare.

Hope that helps some.

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer