The motor and lots of other little bits arrived
To mount the motor, I decided (as I had done in other cases before) to make a sturdy plybox mount.
There are very nice adjustable steel or aluminum mounts, but I find that these often are not rigid enough
and cause all sorts of vibrations, resonances etc. ... and some very annoying noises.
I took some preliminary size measurements for the ply box, and then later shaved off a few extra mm at
the back to get the prop adapter to sit just right, at the right depth.
The ply box is very rigid and yet rather light, and hopefully will make the whole thing a bit quieter. There is
this annoying tendency of fiberglass fuselages to resonate like violin cases.