Thread: Article Razor 3D ARF Review
View Single Post
Old Jan 14, 2012, 12:04 PM
Find More Posts by rs670
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post
Why in the world would you load up this plane with equipment that is way too heavy for this size plane? This plane would fly much better with a lighter motor like a Hacker A30-12XL (3.2 oz lighter), smaller servos like Hitec 85MG (22G vs 60g), and a better motor mount. Ive seen that mount, its horse heavy. Put this plane on a serious diet and run 4S 2600's-3300's instead of 6S 3350.

Did Tower just send you what they thought would work? Did you have any input at all? You only listed one minus...really? As you were putting this puppy together, you never once thought the equipment was overkill and heavy?

Isnt not having airfoiled tail surfaces a minus? On a 52" 3D plane, wouldnt you expect to have airfoiled tail surfaces...but then again, it is a cheap kit...and it is from Tower.

I just finished building one of these and have the same concern about all the heavy power equipment required. I installed the recommended 55 motor along with 6s lipo. I haven't flown it yet but it does seem a little heavy. Especially sitting beside my Precision Aerobatics Addiction 3D with a 40 size motor and 3s 2200mAh lipo. Both planes appear to be near the same size (except for weight). The Addiction flies great but I'm nervous about flying the Razor. I'm afraid when it's time to land, it will come in like a rocket! Any comments?
rs670 is offline Find More Posts by rs670