View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:10 PM
Find More Posts by Orvis
Leduc, AB, Canada
Joined Oct 2008
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scatsob View Post
I hear you Walter. Honestly it probably won’t be ready to fly till long after the gen 2's are released. I am trying to take it slow and do it right.

After working on the stabs for a while I think I am going to make them removable. I worry about electronics, and even though the INO-LAB servos I got get good review I just don’t feel comfortable epoxying them into the tail. It shouldn’t be very difficult. I need to add a peg to the leading part of the stab to prevent rotation and then figure out a way to keep them on. There is not enough room in the tail to attach them like most wings with a threaded rod and a nut. I might try attaching them like the wings on my KeeCat were attached. There was simply a bolt threaded into the aluminum spar-tube that went through the wing. I will post a picture later for clarity.
Good plan! I was wondering if your were going to make the stabs permanent or removable; there is nothing worst than having to break open a perfectly good wing in order to pull out a defective servo.

Cheers,
Peter
Orvis is offline Find More Posts by Orvis