Hey there, my name is jdog, or Jansen in real life. I guess I could give you my last name too, but that would just raise more questions. I'll save that for if I need a small part or something, thanks 1hammer!
I am going to primarily use this to list heli/plane purchase events in chronological order. I had a buddy named airfoil'd who did this and I thought it was a great idea.
Edit: wow, that picture of me is pretty depressing! Would it kill me to smile?
Chronological List Of R/C Purchases
This part is going to have to be a work in progress
1) 'blue hat' havoc nock off $20
Later learned it was a shady company who's toys started fires.
2) another 'blue hat' havoc nock off 20
Hey, twice the fun! (didn't know about the fires yet
3) bladerunner blackghost (it pointed me to this forum)
Looks like I missplelled, 'missplelt' how ironic
Anyway to continue this list:
4) another blade runner blackghost to fly away the winter blues
5) airhogs havoc heli, much better than that 'blue hat' garbage
6) Silverlit DIY single wing plane. My first plane. Range was short. Lifespan was short. Enough said. $20
7) ITC ironman. My first good plane.... It was a great second choice, lots of fond memories with that one. Later transplanted the guts. I remember taking the worst video ever that raised way more questions than it did answer
8) now the trees are getting leaves, and the grass is drying up. Wanted an outdoor heli----->airhogs reflex---> no way was that going to fly outside....people started recommending I get a single rotor heli.
I think I paid $69.99 for that garbage!
9) fun starts to kick in.... Walkera hm-4-3 ... Where have you been all my life. Took 2 months just to hover it, tail in.
$180 with tax
10) i forgot, number one on the list should be a gentle lady sailplane. But soon realized I'd have to join a club or something. Got too nervous about taking it out in the farmer's field... Soon figured micros would be more fun, and smaller stuff I could fly in my backyard.
11) Ohhh gosh, I guess an easier way to do this would be to read all my old post...can't be bothered. Blade mcx... Kinda a step backwards but at the time everyone was amazed how lightweight and durable this heli was. M'eh a good $150
12)havoc cyclone.... Needed more fun in the house, the sun was much too bright.
13)airhogs twin thunder.... What an amazing heli. I am still waiting for someone to make a good hobby grade tandem. $60
14)must have been some more toys in there.
15)Silverlit palm z, starting to stock up for winter. A great indoor flyer.
16)I fly (itc)vamp.... My first orni. Pretty cool
17)hmmmm air hogs reflex apache? Really there was bigger and better things out there but it was new and different so I had to grab one.....$40-50
18)went on a cruise, didn't bring any helis..... Needed my fix. Made a stop in Halifax went to a hobby shop. I was looking for a 4#3a or b, so the guy said he had one at his house. I offered him $60. He took forever, got back on the ship just in time
19) this is hurting my brain. Be back soon