View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:07 PM
Find More Posts by Hellraser
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer711 View Post
This motor? Judgeging by the height against the servos this is the famous "1225" brushed and it is a 10 - 50 flight motor in general especially for a CP. That's unless they changed those "5 finger spring brushes" to carbon pads, the motor will be a possible weak spot as a stock heli. I still have bags and bags of carcusses somewhere trying to make this brush set work with that commutator, oh yea fun stuff indeed Buy the 5 pack

I dont think they understand and even more so do they care about the western worlds idea about heli culture. Imagine how insulted Blade/Eflite buyers would be with news like this, and they did it slick right before the Chines New year......this is the year of the dragon

Last year was, the year of hey rocky,,,,,watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat.

Keep em coming Walkera, we ♥ you

PS the black and white wire guage is a bit thicker coming out of the motor than the old 1225's ...so thats promising
Yes but that is only half the problem - every time a finger folds it risks shorting and damage to the Rx - so a alternative longer lasting motor is going to be required - looking at the limited space the only one I can see to fit the bill is the 10300 kv in-runner which is very heavy and not particularly powerful.

As they say todays solutions are tomorrows problems - sorry but this design to me looks to have too many problems in store for my liking.

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser