View Single Post
Old Jan 08, 2012, 03:15 PM
Find More Posts by studioRS
Klassische Segelflugzeuge
Northern Vermont
Joined Jul 2010
1,450 Posts
Covered! Photos of the cloth + CA ZAP glue.

I finished covering the entire fuselage with the fibrecloth+CA. I bought a 4oz bottle of medium ZAP and went to town. Used very little, or a lot less than I thought it would require. Initial coverage gets slightly lumpy in spots and crusty as the CA soaks into the cloth and dries quickly on the EPO. I can tell you guys this, absolutely zero tail flex and this will be a great slope soaring sailplane. Im going have to worry about wing flex now! Hopefully the very little additional weight won't affect thermaling.

If the weight is too much for the stock motor, and 2S, I have a Turnigy 2210-1400kv bell outrunner on it's way. HK shows this rated at 210w, 24A max. With the new Art-Tech ASK-21 9.5x6 spinner/propeller, should make climb outs interesting. I might need to run a 30A HK Blue ESC, and 3S 1300mHa 20C instead of the 2S 1300mHa.

I'm in the sanding stages now and this method of covering is much better than using the Minwax Polycrylic as it is very strong. All the high spots sand right off amazingly easily and almost has the feel of gelcoat, the weight seems to be within reasonable spec too. As the same with my DG-1000 I plan to just paint white and not use primer.

studioRS is online now Find More Posts by studioRS