View Single Post
Old Jan 08, 2012, 07:52 AM
Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
10,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap View Post
Done! I added a couple of aluminum Maxx Products 20mm heat sinks to the X350 little 180 brushed motors, using Arctic Silver V thermal compound, by replacing the stock cheap stamped tin "heat sink" and the plastic motor cage/fasteners with the two real heat sinks only added 5 grams over the original weight. Hopefully, that will extend the life of the stock brushed motors, also, I think I will limit the flight durations to around7-8 minutes on this bird to let the little motors have a chance to cool off in between flights.
I don't have one of these, but I have had a HBFP and now have a Walkera 400D. The HBFP is a 300+ size heli and it comes with a 380 brushed motor. The 400D is a 400 size coax and it has a pair of ~ 380 size brushed motors. I don't suppose this heli has enough room to stuff bigger motors into it? When they go brushless, do they use Hobby King or some other motor that's readily available or are they custom made motors? In- runner brushless motors are taller but smaller in diameter. I'd think you would want something on the order of a 3900kva motor to handle the rotor diameter. That's what a company or two uses on the 400D kits offered.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack