Thread: Discussion FROG Build off - 2012 Raven x2
View Single Post
Old Jan 07, 2012, 11:28 PM
Find More Posts by sparks59
Sic itur ad Astra
United Arab Emirates, Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi
Joined Aug 2009
1,605 Posts
Made a little more progress yesterday, after spending the morning at the flying site in wonderful cool, flat calm conditions. The repaired Popsie still flies just as well as it ever did, so I must have got it about straight, does need a little more downthrust though!

Anyway, cut out the remaining ribs, also from 3/32nd balsa. Determined the position and designed a motor mount former. I'm not entirely sure yet, but will probably be using a HXT Blue wonder motor. I have a selection of these in various kv guises and they are all the same size and mounting, with only minor differences in capacity.

So long as it doesn't finish up too heavy, (it should be less than 1lb), I think the motor will have enough wallop. If not, the mounting is far enough back to enable a slightly more powerful lump to be fitted.

Also fitted the UC, using a proprietary one that was found in the bits drawer. A little shorter than the plan, but then again it doesnt have to accomodate a big rubber powered 'punka' prop. With wheels, it should take a 7 or 8 incher with ease.

That's all for now

sparks
sparks59 is offline Find More Posts by sparks59