View Single Post
Old Jan 06, 2012, 06:39 AM
Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,251 Posts
Hi buddies, at last Three Kings Day arrived, I just openened the box and checked for everything, all was OK, and inmediatly begin the construction. One of the first thing was checking by myself the fit of the Axis motor to the firewall mounting holes. It was perfect, like were designed for this engine too, also you must removed the C clip, but I think that even it is not neccesary to remove some balsa material from the reinforcement inside triangles, cause Axi motor are sharper on this area than T-40..., good news also...
After that today I must work by evening, so not too much time for more, just some iron on both semiwings and opening the cutoout for the servo bays cutting and ironing the overlap inside the servo area.
Also there is a line of exposed wood area near the trailing edge on the center. A little strip of white covering for a more neat look...
A beautiful kit with a high quality standard, as usual on PA, Im going to do some little mods, on the hardware that it is not neccesary at all, just for personal preferences, and maybe some custom finish inside the canopy and nose art....
Manolo...
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo