Thread: Discussion Next Durafly bird...a Trojan!
View Single Post
Old Jan 04, 2012, 05:42 AM
Find More Posts by yarrumevets
Angry Bird ...
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
861 Posts
Mine arrived this afternoon, but I had to go out to mow our grass runway so I didn't have time to give the kit a good going-over beforehand. A couple of points which were obvious in the quick look I took were ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeekeron View Post
.... The instructions are useless, so it'll have to be assembled by intuition, but it doesn't look to be too difficult.
Correct, squeeker - the instructions spend several pages dealing with safety and pre-flight issues (which, we know is important of course) but there's absolutely no information included which deals with wiring to the receiver.

The assembly manual doesn't discuss fitting the linkages between servos and control horns and although someone with experience will work it out, it's probably going to cause some consternation for a complete newb.

Overall, the build quality looks as good as has been reported - very slick surface finish and detailing, general assembly and parts look good. The motor is a "GC 3536 - 850 kV" which sounds about right, but I've not yet put the prop on and fired it up with the Wattmeter included.

Looks good ... more details to follow as I get time tomorrow to put it all together and run it up with a few tests.
yarrumevets is offline Find More Posts by yarrumevets