View Single Post
Old Jan 03, 2012, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by ol Timer
Oxford, UK
Joined Mar 2009
65 Posts
Straighten bent undercarriage wire

[QUOTE=brokenenglish;20010575]However, the Majestic Major is obviously beyond the possibility of hand launching, especially for someone flying alone. So the MM was/is take-off only. Unfortunately, on the second flight (years ago), I flew it out of range and it became the only RC model I've ever crashed. The crash didn't do terminal damage and the plane was flying again three days later, but I've never been able to bend the the undercarriage back into anything like proper alignment.

I have flown a Majestic Major for many years and know well the difficulty of trying to straighten bent u/c wire. But it can be done.
I made a clamping tool that can straighten bent wire on a model to virtually the original state. The trick is to bend it in the opposite direction about as much as it is out of true.
If you look up a post I entered some time back under,
ol Timer /Find all threads started by ol Timer /Straightening out bent undercarriage wire, there are three photos and explanation (sorry I don't know how to enter the link here).
Ray
ol Timer is offline Find More Posts by ol Timer
Last edited by ol Timer; Jan 03, 2012 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Missed part of a link