Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:34 PM
Find More Posts by theKM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
21,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLee View Post
When Jim's system first came out, a couple of us went to his system. We were having some very weird problems we could not solve. I used to range test with a receiver covered by a tin can 3ft above the ground greater than 100 ft., put that receiver and a LiFe receiver pack in an airplane and some days all would be well and the next day, crash the airplane. My friend would have the same problems. We also sent our Futaba's in for service and asked them to be sure to check the solder connections. We went to Jim's system because, we both really liked our old 8U and 9C's and we both had a lot of compatable 72 receivers we could go back too if need be.
We have since discovered that any non-hopper system is questionable to fly at our field. We have both went to a hopper system, him to Futaba and me to Hitec and eliminated our problems. So-my question is this, has Jim went to a hopper system?
BTY, I had a module, xdp, and about 10 receivers.

yup, the XPS system is now hopping full time. I started using it after this update, but in use at events like SEFF, I've had no radio issues.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM