View Single Post
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,159 Posts
hi, ok so what I have is a quad with lots of weight down low... therefore the c of g is lower than the "cube"

I input a negative Z as per manual and she shakes like mad (more like vibrates) then I put in a positive number and it seems to fly better... but still I can't get my gains up much past 140%.

so I put it back to zero for Z and left it alone..

I am still running old firmware so I get the white flashes we all used to get but I am afraid to upgrade the firmware cause someimtes it's better the devil you know

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbergen View Post
Steve, Apparently I missed it, could you state the question about Z for the IMU?

As I understand it, in basic terms, CG being the Center of Gravity of the aircraft. This may NOT be represented by the actual center of the aircraft.

If your IMU is mounted ABOVE the CG, then you enter a negative number, representing the distance from the CG of the aircraft in centimeters.

My disclaimer, while I have not mounted many Wookong M's, I have mounted many of the other DJI Ace systems onto helicopters, the procedure is the same as far as recording the mounting of the different items.
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg