View Single Post
Old Jan 01, 2012, 10:19 PM
Find More Posts by kevinhines
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,185 Posts
Discussion
Please Advise - Shelving Systems to Transport Many RC Aircraft in Minivan or SUV

Friends,

I'd like your advice, please...

Please post photos, video & advice re: your systems for transporting RC aircraft in minivans or SUVs

My family has both a minivan, and an SUV, and I'd like to be able to transport as many of my RC airplane models as possible... safely, securely, and conveniently...

My SUV has room for a shelf that would be 5 foot (i.e., 60 inch, 150 cm) wide by 3 foot (i.e., 36 inch or 90 cm) long (from front of vehicle to back).

I have thought about various materials for shelves, and how to secure the models to the shelves... shelves made of plywood, clear plastic plexiglas, blucorefoam with wooden support, lattice made of wood or plastic...

How do you secure your models in your vehicle? bungee cords, rubber bands, velcro straps, or other... ?

I like the idea of clear shelves, or lattice, to let light reach the lower areas under the shelving...

Please post photos and advice, of what works for you, and what other folks should consider for RC airplane storage systems in minivans and SUVs.

Thanks!!!

Kevin

PS - I searched a lot and couldn't find a thread on this topic... if there is such a thread, please post a link to it.
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines