Old Dec 31, 2011, 03:00 PM
Find More Posts by CurrentDude
Gravity gives sinking feeling
Joined Jun 2011
2,274 Posts
[QUOTE=Dennis C;20281013]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangar07 View Post
....Easy on the Mods, every thing works just fine as designed, and extra weight and effort will not add much to the performance.(it is not broke so no need to fix it.)

The only mod that really helps is the cowl attachment.

For the tail wheel I made a 90* bend in the push rod wire and used wheel colar to hold it in place. easier to get to. Quick connector on the servo for adjustment. It has never come loose and is non critical if it did.

3 position flaps are good, especially for short field approach's

Dennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis C View Post
The rudder and elevator are up to any flight loads you can give, reinforcing will add weight and make C.G. a problem.

I did break the counter balance off the rudder top from a short field landing that flipped it over and the rudder dug in to the grass. Not much you could do to fix that.

Dennis
Thanx Dennis for your helpful hints - I've used wheel collars as well (simple but v effective) as I do in most of my models.

It's reassuring to know that rudder and elevators can withstand slight misuse - I'll leave it as it's then. However did your model come with metal horn for rudder? It's thin plastic for my model although I understand that there would be no vertical force on the rudder horn so perhaps I needn't worry.

Another 3 hours to go to usher in the new year.

Best wishes to all for the year 2012.

Happy flying

Cheers
CurrentDude is offline Find More Posts by CurrentDude