View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:33 AM
Find More Posts by r0sewhite
It wasn't me
Augsburg, Germany
Joined Mar 2010
437 Posts
Ah, I almost wanted to give up but now I see that you just haven't got the point: These errors are NOT caused by the MultiWii software but from the sensor. The only problem with V1.9 is, that it doesn't tolerate these errors anymore, like previous versions did.

The reason for the WMP causing these errors is that it doesn't have true IC sensors. The sensor signals have to get translated into IC. That's why you find lots of electronic components on the WMP. A true IC sensor will be connected directly and will only need pullup rsisitors (or a LLC) and a 3.3V source.

That's why the WMP can only run at 100kHz IC speed while normal IC sensors run with 400kHz. The translation is just not fast enough for a higher bus speed.

So you see: Regarding the WMP, Alex removed the improvement you're searching for. I am not an IC expert so I can only guess that his ambition was to gain advantage in reading true IC sensors and accept the disadvantage of the WMP causing errors. But after almost 50 built multicopters with lots of different sensors I can tell you: WMP with V1.9 is no good choice.
r0sewhite is offline Find More Posts by r0sewhite