View Single Post
Old Dec 26, 2011, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by michael j etheri
Joined Jun 2011
10 Posts
I have just read the criticisms of the 'bridge crash flying' video and have to say that although I posted the video it in no way does it reflects my own approach to the hobby especially as I have managed to maintain all my RC planes since making the first a Junior 60 in 1962 / 3. The video was discovered by one of my club's members and of course the Falcon was immediately evident to me and hence my posting. However we are very safety conscious at the club and would not condone intentional crashing of model planes under any circumstances as we are always aware that any such action could mean the loss of the flying site.

As someone else has mentioned pollution of the river could be caused by intentional or otherwise of the model planes crashing and this was immediately apparent to me as a former sea-trout fisher. I can only liken the approach by the modellers as being similar to F2E and F2B or any other control line combat flying where you would need total disregard of the combat model planes to win competitions.
michael j etheri is offline Find More Posts by michael j etheri